Thursday, July 14, 2011

Real ID party feature available for testing.

Earlier today, Blizzard announced that the Real ID party feature is ready for testing.  So, as of right now, the feature is on live realms.  For those that don't know what this is, the Real ID party feature allows you to form groups with people on your Real ID, enabling you to queue for dungeons with your friends from other realms.


This is a great feature in my opinion, however, it does have a major drawback.  After testing, this will be a paid service from Blizzard.  I'm sure some people will be willing to fork over money to Blizzard for access to this feature, but I most definitely will not.  I don't know about everyone else, but running dungeons stopped being fun about a week into the expansion.  Why would I PAY, just for the ability to do something I already don't want to to, in order to be able to do it with other people who don't want to do the same thing.  If this were a free service, I'd be all over it.  I don't know how much it's going to cost, but I don't care either, as this should be a free service that was implemented when Real ID came out.


So, the Real ID party feature is now available, free for the time being.  It'll be fun for the first day or two, but the only people that will really benefit from this are people that have a lot of friends on other realms.  And those people will all have to enjoy running 5 man dungeons that everyone overgears.  Whoopty doo....

No comments:

Post a Comment