Thursday, July 14, 2011

Valor Points....really?

I have to admit, while I try not to be an elitist, the Valor Point changes in 4.2 are really not sitting well with me.  It just seems a little over the top, that a player can get capped on the highest tier raid currency, without ever setting foot in a raid.  I just don't get it.  Was there something terribly wrong with the previous cap?  Were those 300 extra points a week really putting actual raiders that far ahead of the dungeoneers.  Frankly, I find the change to be quite stupid.  I'm of the mindset that no VP should be rewarded from 5 man content, but I'm willing to concede that more casual players need the extra help.  But this is just ridiculous.  The regular heroics are outgeared at around ilvl 340ish, and the Zandalari at around ilvl 350.  With 359 gear available for justice points, 365/378 gear available from questing/rep, what purpose does it serve to cap out valor points from dungeons?  Especially if you're just a dungeon hero, honestly why do they need more gear to run dungeons they already outgear?


I don't know, maybe I'm just a little too upset about this.  But I can't help but be just a little butt hurt that the non raider will be gearing up just as fast as a raider.  At least with items from vendors such as rep gear and tier gear.  I don't know, maybe I'm just an elitist in denial, but I feel like people that actually step foot in a raid instance and kill raid bosses, should receive raid currency more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment